Pregnant Ladies – We need you!
A Postgraduate Diploma in Midwifery requires already Registered Nurses to undertake both academic and “hands-on” study. To do this, our current midwifery post graduate students need to participate in 20 “real life” pregnancies.
Are you currently pregnant?
Would you like additional woman-centred support and continuity in your pregnancy, birth and postnatal experience?
The Continuity of Care Experience allows our Postgraduate midwifery students to experience pregnancy, birth and the postnatal period, from your point of view, observing and participating in your care, facilitating and fostering a trusting and professional relationship.
What the Continuity of Care Experience involves for you:
- The opportunity for you to have additional support and continuity during this exciting time for you and your family.
- Our students will have at least 6 contact points with you (average of 20 hours) over the course of your pregnancy, labour, birth and postnatal experience. For example they may attend your doctor’s appointments with you, ultrasounds and childbirth education classes, provide labour and birth support (optional) and visit you in hospital after your baby is born, be present for your Maternal Child Health Nurse visits or 6 week doctor appointment. You decide when and where your midwifery post graduate student will be with you during all aspects of your pregnancy, birth and postnatal care.
- You need to provide verbal and written consent
- Confidentiality is of utmost importance to St Vincent’s Private Hospital Melbourne and our university partners. Your confidentiality will be maintained throughout the Continuity of Care Experience.
- You can “opt-out” or withdraw at any stage from the Continuity of Care Experience
If this project interests you or you would like more information, please contact Robynne Klyne Robynne.email@example.com or Gabby Poulton Gabrielle.firstname.lastname@example.org from the Midwifery Education team, phone (03) 9411 7111.